Our Valor Christian Academy Homeschool offers the best in Christian-based curriculum and support along with the opportunity to be part of our on-campus community in Redondo Beach, California. Students learn from the comfort of their own home, then join us in person for fellowship, field trips, special events, and more!
Our Homeschool program is available for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade.
HOMESCHOOL CURRICULUM & SUPPORT
Our fully accredited Homeschool program provides all of the curriculum and support for a successful homeschool experience and includes the following features:
- Rigorous curriculum designed to be engaging and Christ-centered
- Focus on project-based learning and development of critical thinking skills
- Incorporation of a variety of learning approaches, from interactive, digital activities to hands-on projects that encourage students to explore, discover, and creatively showcase what they have learned
- Supplemental video lessons
- Pacing guidance
Courses in the Homeschool curriculum are developed utilizing the PLUS framework:
PROJECT: Projects are designed to offer fun, engaging, real-world opportunities for students to apply to their learning.
LEARN: Active learning opportunities, including printable and interactive digital tools, are designed to encourage independent thinking.
USE: Key skills are measured as students use them on quick checks, mastery checks and summative projects.
SHOW: Students showcase their learning with audio, images, videos, written work, projects and much more!
Core and Co-Curricular Subjects:
Homeschool curriculum (accessed via our online portal) includes a complete package of content for the following subjects:
- English Language Arts
- Singapore Mathematics
- History/Social Science
- P.E. (Physical Education)
- Health or Art
Homeschool curriculum includes the following features:
- Customizable Daily Lesson Layout
- Identified Objectives & Standards
- Teacher’s Edition & Resources
- Multi-publisher E-book Subscription*
- Recorded Instructional Video Lessons
- Interactive Digital Tools
- Printable Offline Activities
- Quickchecks & Mastery Assessments
- Digital Gradebook for Recordkeeping
*Optional print textbooks are available for separate purchase.
Students in our Online Academy will also be able to participate in our amazing Valor community of students, parents, and staff. The following are just some of the opportunities available to our online students throughout the year:
- I Love to Read Family Picnic and Year End Picnic
- Beach Night
- Graduation and Promotion ceremonies (Kindergarten, 5th grade, and 8th grade)
- & More!